Several months ago we set out to make interactions easier to set up. We started out by introducing multi-selection to On Click and On View interactions and lifted the restriction that allowed these interactions to only be set on Layers. This release we brought these improvements, as well as some other new functionality to On Hover interactions to help you unlock creativity. Here’s what is new…
Show and Hide on Hover
We’ve added the ability to Hide objects On Hover and additionally have added options that allow you to choose between a toggle like behavior or a one-time action. The goal is to give you more choices and more flexibility to create whatever you can imagine.
- Show: the target of the interaction will only be visible when the user’s mouse is over the trigger.
- Show and Stay Visible: the target of the interaction will appear when the mouse is rolled over the trigger and it will remain visible when the mouse moves away. It’s a one time action, but you also have an additional option, Repeat when scrolled on screen, that will reset the interaction each time the trigger comes back into view.
- Hide: the target of the interaction will only be hidden when the user’s mouse is over the trigger.
- Hide and Stay Hidden: the target of the interaction will disappear when the mouse is rolled over the trigger and will remain hidden when the mouse moves away. Again, it’s a one time action with the additional option to Repeat when scrolled on screen.
If you are creating Hover interactions that require the user to take a second step (like a drop-down menu with subcategories), there is an optional field when setting up On Hover>Show interactions to enable that. Keep hover active in zone between trigger and target will make your trigger and your target an active hover zone, as well as the space between.
Additional Updates and Enhancements
- 1px edge of experiences: The right edge of some experiences were getting cut off, mostly on mobile devices, but now is fixed.
- Reusing experience URLs: Changing an experience URL to a previously used URL, when updating versions, did not always save the change. This issue has been fixed.