When you publish an Experience with Ceros, you can set up your own vanity domain name to direct users to. Usually, the URL we direct users to will look something like this:
However, you can easily use any subdomain you own to make it look something like this:
To accomplish this, set up a CNAME record that points to view.ceros.com. If you have questions about this step, reach out to Ceros support via the chat widget in the studio.
Once your CNAME record is set up, email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll connect the subdomain to your account.
Your subdomain can be used with any or all of your Experiences. You can even set up multiple different subdomains. Once you let support know about the subdomain, it can be live in less than an hour.
Things to Know
- If this article sounds like Klingon, just pass it along to your domain administrator they’ll know what to do.
- You’ll need to choose a subdomain that doesn’t host existing content. Otherwise, visitors will see Ceros instead of your original web content.
- Ceros only supports subdomains, you can’t point to a root domain, however, you can redirect from a root-domain if you wish.
- While “www” is technically a subdomain, we do not recommend using it. Visitors who drop that prefix will not be able to see your content.
- As mentioned above, you can connect a default experience to your subdomain, and/or use it for any published experience just by adding the experience slug to the end of the URL. It is possible to have a default experience connected AND still use the vanity domain for any published experience at the same time.
The “experience slug” is the last part of the “view.ceros.com” URL, i.e., view.ceros.com/account-name/experience-slug. If you would like to change what comes after the subdomain, you can do that in the “Experience URL” field within the experience Settings.
If you’d like to connect a vanity domain to a default experience right away from the beginning, you can include that in your request, and our team will be happy to get that done for you, but this is also something you can add or change yourself!
To add or change the default experience for a vanity domain, click your name in the upper right area of the Ceros Admin dashboard, go to Account, then Vanity Domains. If there has not been a default experience added already, you will see a plus ( + ) icon next to the domain. Clicking that will allow you to select a published experience to use as the default. If there has been a default experience added and you would like to change it, there will be a pencil icon which you can click to edit. When finished, save the change.
- To ensure your vanity domain URL shows up when sharing on social media and in search results, be sure to add the full vanity domain – including experience slug – to the Canonical URL portion of the settings panel.
- If you’re interested in making your vanity domain secure (so that it is accessed via https, not http), please let our support team know this while you are reaching out to them about setting up your vanity domain, and they can get this process started for you.
Changing Your Experience Tag
- Open your Experience in the Ceros Studio and select the Settings button in the top right.
- The URL tag is located in the Experience URL field.
- Once updated, click Save and then republish your Experience for the changes to take effect.
Was this helpful?