When you publish an Experience with Ceros, you can set up your own vanity domain name to direct users to. Usually, the URL we direct users to will look something like this:
However, you can easily use any subdomain you own to make it look something like this:
To accomplish this, set up a CNAME record that points to view.ceros.com. If you have questions about this step, reach out to Ceros support via the chat widget in the studio.
Once your CNAME record is set up, email email@example.com, and we’ll connect the subdomain to your account.
Your subdomain can be used with any or all of your Experiences. You can even set up multiple different subdomains. Once you let support know about the subdomain, it can be live in less than an hour.
Things to Know
- If this article sounds like Klingon, just pass it along to your domain administrator — they’ll know what to do.
- You’ll need to choose a subdomain that doesn’t host existing content. Otherwise, visitors will see Ceros instead of your original web content.
- Ceros only supports subdomains—you can’t point to a root domain, however, you can redirect from a root-domain if you wish.
- While “www” is technically a subdomain, we do not recommend using it. Visitors who drop that prefix will not be able to see your content.
- You can specify a default experience to redirect to when someone visits just your subdomain. Simply tell the Support team what experience you would like by default.
- To ensure your vanity domain URL shows up when sharing on social media and in search results, be sure to add the full vanity domain – including experience slug – to the Canonical URL portion of the settings panel.
- If you’re interested in making your vanity domain secure (so that it is accessed via https, not http), please let our support team know this while you are reaching out to them about setting up your vanity domain, and they can get this process started for you.
Changing Your Experience Tag
- Open your Experience in the Ceros Studio and select the Settings button in the top right.
- The URL tag is located in the Experience URL field.
- Once updated, click Save and then republish your Experience for the changes to take effect.
Was this helpful?