To create a hyperlink to an external website or to download a PDF, follow the steps below:
To hyperlink text:
To hyperlink text in Ceros, double click into the text box that you’d like to link. From here, you can highlight the text and right click to select Create Link.
Youll see that there are three different link types in Ceros:
- Go to URL- This option creates a traditional hyperlink where you can link the user off of your Ceros experience to a new URL. You can choose to open in a new window so that they do not leave your experience entirely.
- Go to Page- This option enables you to create navigation throughout your experience and you can use it to link users to other pages in the same Ceros experience.
- Scroll to Position- This allows your user to jump to an anchor point you place elsewhere on the page. You can select an anchor from the toolbar and place that anywhere on your canvas, and from there you can use the Scroll to Position interaction to create a hyperlink that jumps your user up or down the page.
The hyperlink will be a standard blue underlined format, but you can adjust in the Design tab to fit your experience as needed.
To hyperlink images and other assets:
- Identify the item you want users to be able to click on. This can be any object on the canvas that isn’t already interactive (like videos). Draw a Hotspot over top of the clickable area.
- Navigate to the Interact tab.
- Choose the On Click trigger and Go to URL action.
- Enter the full website address in the URL box. Be sure to include “http://”.
- If you would like the link to open in a new window, check this box. This is recommended whenever you’re linking to a different website to ensure they do not lose your experience.
- Make sure to double click on your hotspot in the layers panel and give it a specific name. This will be displayed in your Analytics, so be sure it’s both unique and easy to identify.
Was this helpful?