To create a hyperlink to an external website or to download a PDF, follow the steps below:
- Identify the item you want users to be able to click on. This can be any object on the canvas that isn’t already interactive (like videos). Draw a Hotspot over top of the clickable area.
- Open the Interactions Tab in the Inspector Panel.
- Choose the On Click trigger and Go to URL action.
- Enter the full website address in the URL box. Be sure to include “http://“.
- If you would like the link to open in a new window, check this box. This is recommended whenever you’re linking to a different website to ensure they do not lose your experience.
- Make sure to double click on your hotspot in the layers panel and give it a specific name. This will be displayed in your Analytics, so be sure it’s both unique and easy to identify.
Was this helpful?