What does the HubSpot integration do?
The HubSpot integration in Ceros allows you to access your HubSpot forms directly in the studio. This enables you to quickly locate your HubSpot forms, add them to your experiences and easily style them using custom CSS.
Note: If you are using a free HubSpot account you should embed your forms using the Embed Objects tool. Hubspot will generate a block of embed code with two <script> sections. The first <script> section of code should be added to the Custom HTML section in the Ceros Settings. This code will look something similar to the following snippet of code but can vary from form to form:
The second <script> section should be pasted in the embed layer in the design tab.
How do I connect HubSpot to my Ceros account?
Before you get started with the below steps, be sure to contact your account manager to ensure the HubSpot integration is enabled for your account. You can also reach out directly to support in the Studio.
- In the Ceros admin, select your account name in the upper-right corner and navigate to “Account”.
- In the “Integrations” panel, turn the HubSpot toggle to “On” and select Connect.
- If you are not logged into HubSpot you will be asked to login
- If you have more than one HubSpot account associated with your login, you will be asked to choose which account youd like to connect at the account level
- Once enabled, a HubSpot icon will appear in the Ceros Studio enabling you to add forms to your experience.
How do I connect HubSpot to a specific Experience?
In addition to integrating at the account level, you can also set up the HubSpot integration at the experience level, allowing you to use a different HubSpot account for each experience.
Note: Experience level integration will override account level integration for that specific experience.
- Hover over the experience tile that you want to integrate with HubSpot
- Select the ‘Integrations’ tab and activate the HubSpot toggle
- Click the ‘Connect’ button
- If you are not logged into HubSpot you will be asked to login
- If you have more than one HubSpot account associated with your login, you will be asked to choose which account you’d like to connect
What HubSpot permissions do I need?
For each HubSpot account that you authorize you will be asked to grant access to:
- User and Account Information
- Read from and write to my Contacts
- Read from and write to my Forms
Note: If you don’t have access to these permissions in HubSpot, please reach out to your Marketing department.
Adding a HubSpot form to your canvas
Once the HubSpot integration is all set up, a HubSpot icon will appear in the studio Toolbar. This is where you can Launch the Form Chooser which enables you to browse, search and preview existing HubSpot Forms. To add a form to Ceros:
- Locate the form in the Form Chooser, click add to place it on the canvas.
- All forms will have the basic HubSpot styling by default, and on submit will display the “Thank You” message or redirect URL you have set in HubSpot.
Note: if you have already added a form to your canvas, and later update that form in HubSpot – the studio and preview will need to be refreshed to have those changes reflected.
Styling your form
Once you have a form on your canvas you can style the form to match your experience using CSS. Form CSS can be edited in the Inspector panel with the form selected. You can modify the existing CSS or paste in your own.
Note: If you have more than one form on your canvas, it is important to note that the CSS includes a unique identifier for each form. In the code you will see a number before each element e.g. HubSpot-599c01a6c71eb. If you copy and paste code into this field the unique identifier will be overwritten, therefore you will be styling all forms on the page.
Use the “Replace Form” button to ensure the CSS styling is preserved for the new form, as well as any interactions that were previously applied.
On Form Submit Interactions
When you add a HubSpot form to Ceros it will honor the redirect URL or Thank you message you have set in HubSpot. However, if you want to create a more custom follow-up for the form on submission, you can use Ceros Interactions. When the form is selected on the canvas you will see the actions that are possible from the Interactions tab of the Inspector Panel.
Enable and disable pages to created Gated Content
You can create Gated Content within Ceros by using Enable/Disable page Interactions.
- After designing all of your pages, disable the pages you want to be gated by clicking the arrow in the page selector and selecting “Disable.”
- Once disabled, the page will appear greyed out in the page navigator. Disabled pages will not be navigable until an interaction enables them – e.g. on form submit > enable page x.
- With the form still selected, navigate to the Interaction panel and set up an On Submit>Enable Pages interaction for your form.
- Enter individual page numbers, separated by a comma, and/or a range of pages into the Enable page field.
- Click update.
Note: Forms will always honor the Redirect URL or “Thank you” set in HubSpot. If you would like to design a custom follow-up using a Ceros interaction, you must have a “Thank you” message set up in HubSpot.
All of the other interactions such as page navigation, show, hide, etc. will behave just as they normally would. Click here to learn more about Ceros interactions.
When your form is live
Forms are live in your Experience preview as well as your published experience. If you enter information and submit the form in the Experience preview, the information will still be sent to HubSpot.
Adding Smart Buttons
You can use the Embed Object tool in Ceros to leverage HubSpot Smart Buttons in your Ceros experiences. Simply copy the embed code for the button from Hubspot, use the Embed Object tool to draw out a window on your canvas, and paste the embed code into the field in your Design Tab. All button tracking will pass directly back to HubSpot.
Disconnecting your HubSpot Account
You can disconnect Ceros from your HubSpot account at any time by deactivating the toggle in the Integrations panel. Users will no longer be able add or replace forms in the studio. The form chooser will no longer be available. Users will still be able to move, edit, preview and publish forms that are already existing in any Experiences.
HubSpot user, but not using Ceros? Learn more about our integration and request a demo here!
Was this helpful?