We’ve been doing a lot—and we mean a LOT—of behind-the-scenes work on the platform the past few months. And we’re continuing to invest time and resources into making our infrastructure even more scalable and secure.
This month, though, we’re thrilled to be rolling out a brand new feature you can play with yourself, plus a bunch of front-end improvements that make working in Ceros more efficient and enjoyable.
So, without further ado… curtains up on Release 5.48!
Have you ever wished you could drop in a lead gen form, YouTube video, social media feed, Google Map, playlist, or other custom HTML object into your Experiences? Now, your wishes can come true with the new Embedded Objects feature!
How does it work? It’s as easy as drawing a rectangle on the canvas with the new Embed Object tool (it looks like < / > in the top menu in the Studio) and dropping in an embed code in the Inspector panel. Pretty sweet!
Check out our how-to article to learn more about embedding objects on your Experience canvas.
We’ve had guides in the Studio for some time. This release, we rolled out a number of improvements to make them easier to work with. Here are the changes we made:
- Keyboard shortcut G toggles Guide Mode on and off.
- In Guide Mode, a visual indicator displays in the top left corner.
- Guides are magenta instead of blue to maximize visibility.
- You can select and drag multiple guides at once.
- You can copy and paste guides across pages.
Additional Platform Enhancements
- Rotation Cursor: Before, our rotation cursor was too big. We made it smaller. Then it was too small. Hopefully, now the cursor is just right for all you Goldilockses out there.
- Analytics on Moved Experiences: If you move an Experience into a new project folder, the analytics project page will not reflect that change. Now it will.
- Secure Account Lockout: After 5 failed login attempts, user accounts will be locked for 15 minutes to prevent hackers from doing bad hackery things. Users will have the option to reset their passwords if they don’t want to wait.
- Line Weight Parity: Before, line weights in the Studio and in live Ceros content were not consistent (e.g., a 1px line would display as a 3px line in published content). Now, line weights should display correctly in both the Studio and published Experiences.
- Animation Renaming: We’ve relabeled our Flip in/out X/Y animation to be Rock Up / Down / Left / Right. Why? Because no one knew what Flip in/out X/Y meant.
- Media Rendering in Previews: When you upload a large image or video, the Previewer used to try and render it, then throw an error. Now, the Previewer is patient enough to wait for the media to load before trying to display it.
- Animated GIF Loading: Before, GIFs would sometimes load multiple times when the Optimize Loading option was turned on. Now, GIFs load correctly in either mode.
- Experience Page Loading: Projects with lots of Experiences used to load slowly. Now they don’t because of loading time magic (read: serious development time).
Share Your Feedback
Have an idea for a new product feature or improvement? We’d love to hear your thoughts. You can share feedback via the chat widget in the Studio any time.